Trends in Online Algorithms
The workshop, Trends in Online Algorithms 2014 (TOLA 2014), will take place in Copenhagen, Denmark, July 7, 2014.
TOLA 2014 will be an official satellite workshop of ICALP 2014, both of which will be held at the IT University of Copenhagen. The purpose of this workshop is to bring together researchers interested in all aspects of online algorithms, including classical competitive analysis, alternative performance measures, and advice complexity.
Anyone can register for participation, but in order to be scheduled to give a talk, submission of an abstract is required. The workshop will be informal, with no published proceedings.
Submission InformationIf you are interested in speaking, please submit a two-page abstract, excluding references, through the EasyChair system, using the following link:
A submission should consist of a two-page abstract, not counting the bibliography, in PDF format.
- Submission deadline: April 22, 2014, 23:59 (CEST)
- Notification: May 13, 2014
- Registration deadline: June 1, 2014 (early registration)
- Workshop date: July 7, 2014
RegistrationRegistering for ICALP includes registration for TOLA. However, you can also register only for TOLA. This is also done via ICALP; see ICALP's information on fees and deadlines.
ProgramPrintable program: pdf.
- Yossi Azar, Tel-Aviv University, Israel
- Marek Chrobak, University of California, Riverside, USA
- Leah Epstein, University of Haifa, Israel
- Lene Monrad Favrholdt (chair), University of Southern Denmark, Denmark
- Alejandro López-Ortiz, University of Waterloo, Canada
- Joan Boyar (chair), University of Southern Denmark
- Lene M. Favrholdt, University of Southern Denmark
- Kim S. Larsen, University of Southern Denmark
Contact InformationFor questions regarding submissions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. For more general questions, contact email@example.com.
Surrounding Events in Copenhagen, Summer 2014
|Start Date||End Date||Conference|
|June 29||July 1||SEA|
|July 2||July 4||SWAT|
|July 7||July 7||TOLA ⇐|
|July 8||July 11||ICALP|
|Start Date||End Date||Event|
|July 4||July 11||Copenhagen Jazz Festival|
- Pictures from the conference (fairly low quality).
- Slides from most talks, in order of presentation:
- Online Colored Bin Packing
- Better Algorithms for Online Bin Stretching
- Near-Optimal Algorithms for Online Linear Programming
- A Survey on Advice and Randomization of the Knapsack Problem
- Online Bin Packing with Advice
- Tight Bounds for the Advice Complexity of the Online Minimum Steiner Tree Problem
- Online Node-weighted Steiner Connectivity Problems
- Online Max-Edge-Coloring of Paths and Trees
- Deciding the On-line Chromatic Number of a Graph with Pre-Coloring is PSPACE-Complete
- Competitive Analysis for Multi-Objective Algorithms
- The Price of Leasing Online